[Sca-cooks] Surviving medieval sauces?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Feb 17 09:54:01 PST 2014

Absolutely. And the fact that the Menagier for instance calls mustard a
"sauce" supports that.

My own instinct - but in no way meant to be a hard and fast line - is to
distinguish between what's preprepared and made for a particular dish.
'Worcestershire sauce' is a condiment to me. But to be honest I've never really
thought the whole thing through before.

Jim  Chevallier
 (http://www.chezjim.com/) www.chezjim.com

Les Leftovers: sort of a food history  blog
leslefts.blogspot.com

In a message dated 2/17/2014 9:43:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,