[Sca-cooks] Surviving medieval sauces?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 18 10:59:19 PST 2014

Johnnae said:
<<< No one has mentioned one of our original articles on the topic.

A Mediaeval Sauce-Book is up on JSTOR and can be read either through your institutional access or by registering.
Lynn Thorndike
Speculum
Vol. 9, No. 2 (Apr., 1934), pp. 183-190
Published by: Medieval Academy of America
Article Stable URL:http://www.jstor.org/stable/2846594 >>>

"our"?

At first I thought you might be talking about this one, but now I don't think so. But I'm putting this out there for those who might be interested. In the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section of the Florilegium:

The-Saucebook-art (33K) 9/ 2/99 The Saucebook" by L. Allison Poinvillars de Tours. Sauces and the humours in the MA.
 http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-CONDIMENTS/The-Saucebook-art.html

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com