[Sca-cooks] Interesting article-

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Wed Feb 19 07:43:34 PST 2014

The parallel is in modern preconceptions of how all this change happened.
On the Frankish side, I don't think there's any serious recent historian who
 still accepts the narrative of "barbarian hordes" wiping out what was left
of  Roman civilization. I know less about the English side, but certainly
the  article suggests a similar idea exists about the end of Roman rule in
England.  And it is interesting to see that paleoanthropology can undermine
the old ideas  in both cases.

Jim  Chevallier
 (http://www.chezjim.com/) www.chezjim.com

Les Leftovers: sort of a food history  blog
leslefts.blogspot.com

In a message dated 2/19/2014 3:02:32 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,