[Sca-cooks] Was vinegar or verjuice most used in sauces?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 18:08:34 PST 2014

For what it's worth, these ingredients for verjuice from a fourteenth
century Vatican record include salt, which I would think would have had some
preservative  effect:

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k116413s/f40.image.r=verjus.langEN

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Belgian (Walloon/Liègeois) food in the  fourteenth century
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-fourteenth-century-dietetic-belgian.h
tml

In a message dated 2/23/2014 2:43:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,