[Sca-cooks] nutmeg leaves

TerryDecker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Feb 24 20:10:02 PST 2014

Molasses is a byproduct of sugar refining.  Sugar has been refined since
roughly the 5th Century BCE.  Sugar cane was being grown and being refined
in Europe by the 9th Century, so molasses showed up in Europe by at least
the 9th Century.  According to the log of Columbus's first voyage, molasses
was being carried as a foodstuff/trade good.

Bear