[Sca-cooks] Cooking Class Teachers wanted at Gulf Wars

Andi jimandandi at cox.net
Thu Jan 2 21:06:11 PST 2014

>From the Class Coordinator of al-Mahala, the non-European class area at Gulf
Wars:

Okay, so if you're still deciding about whether or not to teach in Al-Mahala
(or procrastinating), I have a shrinking number of spots for dance classes,
but loads of space for cooking classes, mostly in the afternoons. Here's
where my gaps are, if these times look tempting: Class tents, Monday
morning, Wednesday early morning, Friday morning, Monday and Friday after 3;
Kitchen, Monday after 3, Tuesday after 3, Wednesday 9-11, 1-3, Thursday
before 11 and after 1, Friday before 11, from 1-3, and after 4; Dance tent,
Monday noon-1 and after 3, Thursday noon-1 and after 4:30, Friday 9-10
(unless I missed a yoga class) and after 3. Whew! If we need to put a dance
class in a regular class tent, or shuffle things around, we can do that, I
also have space everywhere but the dance tent before lunch on Saturday.
Also, I heard from the scheduling people and apparently the deadline has
been extended by a week. So if you need a little more (just a teeny bit
more) time to think, you've got a little bit of an extension.

Please contact Margavati Bai at almahala at gulfwars.org.

Margavati is actively looking for more history-related classes for
al-Mahala. If you study medieval non-European food and you're going to Gulf
Wars, please consider teaching at al-Mahala.

Madhavi