[Sca-cooks] light colored Sesame oil, olives

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 16 11:04:47 PST 2014

I seem to remember some discussion in this group about untoasted sesame oil.

Tuesday when shopping at a local Middle Eastern store, Phoenicia, I found and bought a bottle of light colored sesame oil.

I seem to remember that untested sesame oil is needed for some recipes. This bottle is light colored, and says "Ziad brand 100% extra virgin toasted  Sesame Oil". While this says it is "toasted", it is much lighter in color, similar to olive oil and is much lighter than what I remember seeing as toasted sesame oil.

Is this what I should use? What are some of the recipes I might use this in?

There were a number of other ingredients there. Most of which I have no idea how to use. :-(

Since they had an "olive bar", I also picked up a couple of different types of olives.
Oil cured Morroccan
oil cured Turkish
Lebanese Green w. zatar  (we've discussed zatar here before)
Green Sicullian w. garlic

They had more, but I don't even know how much I'll like these. :-)

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com