[Sca-cooks] Pompei poor eating giraffes??

aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 03:30:00 PST 2014

On 1/2/2014 8:10 PM, Ana Valdés wrote:
> http://www.archaeology.org/news/1688-pompeii-porta-stabia-hospitality-businesses
>
> Ana

I just spotted that and commented in my uncaffeinated way that I would
be willing to bet that it was a result of the beast dying in transit and
being sold off to defray the costs [because I cant see the beast
importer hauling a dead critter up to Rome to feed to the other
critters.] I could see some guy buying the leg with an eye towards
reselling it in chunks to neighbors.

Although, I suppose the whole leg could have ended up as the guys 6
month supply of lucanian sausage instead of a Saturnalia feast for
family and friends, or being resold.