[Sca-cooks] 2013 Happy Holidays and Santa Stuff

Andi jimandandi at cox.net
Fri Jan 3 10:26:08 PST 2014

Our family decided to stay home for the holidays this year. We put up our
own Yulemas tree for the first time in I-don't-know how many years. Yulemas
eve day was devoted to making a big family supper celebrating the bounty
from my garden. We made pasteles de yuca with cassava I dug up that morning,
and a big pot of guisados de gandules with pigeon peas I picked and shelled
the weekend before. If anyone is interested, recipes are here:
http://www.greenbasket.me/2014/01/01/yulemas-pasteles/

Our Barony has a big holiday potluck every year, and everyone brings modern
holiday foods. I made a gluten-free pumpkin cheesecake, a lemon cheesecake
with blueberry topping, Vietnamese-style coconut cassava cake, and my
daughter made a wonderful raspberry trifle.

Both of my Yulemas gifts this year were food-related- a Savage 270 rifle,
with which I plan to hunt wild hogs. Yummy, yummy wild hogs. My kids also
got me a Ninja food processor with all the attachments.

I love hearing about everyone's holiday feasts!
Madhavi