[Sca-cooks] Pompei poor eating giraffes??

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri Jan 3 21:12:24 PST 2014

Something to remember, Pompeii had the finest amphitheater in the Empire
from 70 BCE until the Colosseum in Rome opened shortly before Pompeii's
burial in 79 CE.  It is possible that the leg represents a giraffe killed in
the games, sold to a cook who planned to use it as an exotic draw for his
shop.

Bear