[Sca-cooks] Viking recipes site

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Jan 18 17:39:13 PST 2014

On 1/18/2014 10:45 AM, JIMCHEVAL at aol.com wrote:
> Just found this page on Viking recipes. Doesn't  seem to have been
> referenced before:
>
> "On this page you will be able to  find Viking recipes, sort of.  Jamie
> Thorsson and Delia Halgerdsdotta  didn’t leave their recipe books to posterity
> so what you will find are recipes  using the available ingredients cooked to
> the taste of those eating the food  today."
> http://www.manaraefan.co.uk/index_files/Page6192.htm

The Baron of the Barony next door (Ref Fiachsson, Dragon's Mist) got his
Laurel primarily for Viking food. Some pretty good work. This food blog
is here:
http://vikingfoodguy.com/wordpress/papers/researching-food-cultures-without-written-recipes/

Liutgard
--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: