[Sca-cooks] Borage

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 11:24:24 PST 2014

Borage grows easily here (San Francisco) ... and once you get it going it is supposed to be easy to keep going ... if you have water which we are sorely lacking at the moment.
Purslane comes in many forms. As Urtatim said, it can be found in Mexican grocers as verdurlgas (or some such spelling). Also, miners lettuce is a variety of purslane and that is easily foraged in these parts come Spring.
Robin, I'm not sure what your growing conditions are like (or if you have any dirt for growing) but if you can get seeds, neither should be too difficult to grow in the warm and somewhat humid East Coast weather.

Juana Isabella