[Sca-cooks] Turksih delight

Gretchen R Beck cmupythia at cmu.edu
Fri Jan 31 09:54:08 PST 2014

Haven't tried it but

page 88 of http://books.google.com/books?id=l0QCAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false Economical Cookery English, French and Turkish (by LADY STYLE) has a recipe that uses wheat starch.

I don't think Turkish Delight was invented before the 18thC, so I'm not sure about the concern for pre-1492.

toodles, margaret