[Sca-cooks] Turksih delight

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jan 31 10:12:45 PST 2014

I can't get to my copies but Mary Isin's books would be excellent sources on the history.

Sherbet and Spice: The Complete Story of Turkish Sweets and Desserts, London: I.B.Tauris, came out last year.

Her earlier book would have be interlibrary loaned. It's pretty expensive. Friedrich Unger. A King's Confectioner in the Orient, London: Kegan Paul, 2003

""A rare 19th century account of Turkish confectionery by a professional confectioner who pursued his investigations in Greece and Turkey in the 1830s. Friedrich Unger was chief confectioner to King Otto I, …

Johnnae