[Sca-cooks] Fenugreek

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Mon Jul 7 21:07:24 PDT 2014

The leaves have a strong flavour and colour and are used in East Indian
cooking.  See also 'methi'.  Also used in Turkish and Greek cooking, and
presumably other cuisines.

Thorvald

On 2014-07-07, 21:58, Wanda Pease wrote:
> Some 30 years ago I bought some Fenugreek for use in a forgotten
recipe. About a third of the bottle came with me from Germany to South
Carolina to Oregon to my spice/herb collection. On a wild moment of
madness I decided to check dates and replace or toss old stuff.

> The seeds sat there looking ancient and harmless so I filled the
bottle up with water and let it stand for a few days before throwing it
on some newly weeded ground.

> Now I have many little fenugreek seedlings and no idea what you use
> it
for!