[Sca-cooks] Period Japanese cooking?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:09:00 PDT 2014

On Jun 3, 2014, at 2:49 PM, Canatsey86 <canatsey86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on a hair-brained scheme,

rabbit-dishes-msg (72K) 3/24/12 Period rabbit and hare recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/rabbit-dishes-msg.html

Oh! Not those kind of hares.

> and I am looking for any period sources on Japanese cooking. I am new Asian cooking in general, and I am unfamiliar with the period sources available.

Hmmm. Were their rabbits or hares in Japan in period?

> I haven't decided on what century to cook in as of yet, I'm just wanting to see what's available!
I'm not sure there is enough material on historic Japanese cooking that you will get to pick and choose a particular century.

Here is a small file that I just added to the Florilegium on pervious discussions we've had on this subject:
fd-Japan-msg (4K) 11/17/13 Food of medieval Japan.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Japan-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com