[Sca-cooks] A Julab Puzzle

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Jun 4 13:40:04 PDT 2014

It is also possible that medieval julab had precipitated sugar crystals in
it.

It may also be that you are storing the bottle where the temperature
differential will cause a slightly supersaturated solution of sugar to
precipitate.  I think you will find the less pure sugar highly problematic,
molasses is far more difficult to dissolve that highly refined crystalline
sugar.

Bear