[Sca-cooks] Chicken Spinners?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Jun 11 12:25:00 PDT 2014

I don't recall ever seeing string roasting in a medieval context.  I
remember seeing the technique being associated with the Eastern Woodland
tribes, but have no ready source to call upon.  And the Apache apparently
used the technique for torture rather than cooking (again, no citation).
The technique appears in a number of North American cooking texts from the
19th Century and shows up in Dickens's Dombey and Son.

Bear