[Sca-cooks] Blackened Bowl

Drew Shiel gothwalk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:10:18 PDT 2014

A few weeks ago, I took delivery of a blackened bowl from Olde Hansa in
Tallinn:

http://www.oldehansa.net/?lang=1&page=Shop_ProductInfo&maingroup=10&page_nr=1&group=32&id=191

It was an afterthought along with various pitchers and other vessels, and I
reckoned that it might do for cooking over a fire.

However, I had missed the word "flowerpot" on the page, and when they say
"burnt", they are not kidding; this thing smells of burning, and leaves
soot on your hands.

Is there any way to clean and use this as a cooking vessel, or is it
destined for an ornamental life?

And for future reference, what should I be looking for in ceramic cookware
for use over a fire?

Le meas,
Aodh

--
http://about.me/drewshiel
"Luck affects everything. Let your hook always be cast; in the stream where