[Sca-cooks] Hake and eggs

Arianwen caer_mab at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 01:42:41 PST 2014

OK, when I first started teaching! it was in Australia, From AZ.  There I found hake and flake, never heard of either before, but one was shark and the other was Ray, as I was told to make the public more amenable to eating them, inexpensive and still nourishing.  I remember having frozen shark steak at home cause daddy liked fish and it was cheap. Never heard it was eel though.

It took me a while to get used to the taste of eggs too, because what the hens ate   made a difference to what the taste of eggs came out like.  No noticeable difference in eggs flavored in custards or cakes (could one say they were adulterated then?).   So I can see scrambled eggs tasting different in different places (add lots of pepper) I remember daddy using green sauce he got from Mexico (very hot) on scrambled eggs because of getting used to adding hot sauce to the powdered eggs from the mess hall in WWII