[Sca-cooks] Redaction exercise

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 07:29:22 PST 2014

Johnna I lived in Gotland in the Baltic Sea in Sweden one year and the
island was a part of the Hansa League ruled by the German cities. They took
to Visby, in Gotland, anise, star anise and vanilla. Gotland is the only
place in Sweden you can eat vanilla pancakes, the islands speciality,
direct from the Middle Ages.
Ana

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM, TerryDecker <t.d.decker at att.net> wrote:

> This is a fine bread pudding in a pie shell.  While we would generally
> think of it as a sweet dish, the bread custard is actually fairly neutral.
>  A little salt, a little pepper and some mixed herbs, maybe a touch of
> cloves, and you have a savory.  The recipe doesn't call for sugar in
> quantity and Welser tends to state it clearly when a dish is to be
> sweetened, but a teaspoon of sugar added to the spicing would help brighten
> the flavor. German's have a sweet tooth and you will find pea and bean
> dishes that are to be served with coarse grated sugar, so a touch of sugar
> isn't out of place.
>
> Bear

http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
-- Leonardo da Vinci