[Sca-cooks] Conger Eel

Susan Lord Williams lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 15:21:15 PST 2014

First of all some people feel the universe revolves around them. Not the other way around. I think that was my first problem.

Secondly, the subject started for my publication: ECHA A MAL WITH RECIPE FOR BOILED CONGER EEL at https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5686476114745785266#editor/target=post;postID=795935465682079900;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=postname

As I personally try to make all recipes before publishing them I had this fish on hand and made the mistake of trying to feed it to a person who could not accept such a dish. As pointed out below perhaps she thought she was eating worms.

> Susan replied to my reply to her message with:
> <<< It was conger eel in South America which is hake in the northern hemisphere. >>>
>
> Actually, I think I would have gone for the "conger eel" before I went for "hake", thinking that the first would be interesting to try, while the second seemed like just another white fish.
>
> Stefan < So, what type of fish was it and what was the recipe? Since my wife doesn't like fish, I don't get much fish. Of course, given a fresh fish, especially a whole one with head and fins, I?m not really sure how to prepare it. >

It is a white fish and totally fresh.

> <<< To me it seems that Texans only like shrimp in hot the chile sauce.
>
> It is very difficult to try to convince north americans that it is not a worm but has excellent white meat but don?t waste your time on people who do not have a cultivated taste for fish.. >>>
obviously

> *I'm* a Texan and I like my shrimp in a spiced tomato (seafood) sauce. But not real hot, as I still like to taste the shrimp. I'm not sure how else to eat it. I don't like tarter sauces. Perhaps one of the medieval vinegar type sauces sometime.
>
> So what 15th century recipe did you use on this conger eel. I may yet get around to trying to find some eel at an Asian market or somewhere. Maybe Central Market.
>
> <<<  Opps I missed that. No, that is outrageous - eggs here come out of an egg shell in this country. I have never seen them come out of a   container. That is insane! >>>
i agree!

> If you were getting the scrambled eggs on a buffet, how would you know whether the eggs came to the institution/restaurant in shells or a container?
No way in Chile they are fresh.