[Sca-cooks] Conger Eel

aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 21:21:26 PST 2014

OK, so I looked it up online. Honestly, it doesn't really look like
something that would appeal to me - I am odd about what fish I will eat
[I prefer as neutral a taste as possible, thing cod as opposed to
mackeral.] I wouldn't throw out any that was anywhere but my personal
plate [if I actually was given any or took any. I probably would
politely decline to even take any. I deplore the waste of perfectly good
food that someone else might like.]

I can understand not wanting scrambled eggs if the only exposure was to
buffet scrambled eggs that may have been sitting long enough to get
tough and cold. My dad refused to eat scrambled eggs after WW2 - they
did do their best to get the soldiers at least one hot meal a day, but
when all you have is a bread truck, powdered milk, powdered eggs, spam
and chipped beef, there are some foods that end up being revolting.
Anything you could make with flour, powdered milk, powdered eggs, bread,
spam and dried chipped beef ... he wouldn't even eat pancakes.

I admit that I have trouble with freshwater fish, I got a trout bone
stuck in my throat at about 6 years old, turned me off fish other than
fish sticks or fish fry for years - I still prefer cod or the
equivalent, I hate uber fishy flavored and smelling fish, mackeral makes
me think of the rotting fish you can find washed up on a beach. You want
me to gag, make me open a can of cat food.