[Sca-cooks] Platina's lemon salad and quince preserves

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Thu Mar 13 11:06:53 PDT 2014

The recipe section (the last five books) of De Honesta are Martino's recipes translated into Latin.
The first five books are agricultural and humoral.
The PPC article I mentioned several weeks past catalogs ALL the "recipes" in the first five books (around 160).
Almost 60 of these are for vegetables.
There are several preserve and candy recipes as well.
The below source is almost 100 years after his work was written.
It was translated from Latin into French and below into English.
I would suggest the Milham translation as a good starting place for anything Platina.
However if you get REALLY into Platina you should also own the Mallinckrodt edition (much maligned but includes a facsimile of the original and isn't as bad as people think!)
Eduardo