[Sca-cooks] Farsighted lenses

TerryDecker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Mar 25 19:52:02 PDT 2014

Pardon, I have been reminded that Newton's Opticks is about the properties
of light in lenses, mirrors and prisms.  The seminal work of optical
geometry is the Kitab al Manazir, Book of Optics, by Abu Ali al-Hasan ibn
al-Hasan ibn al-Haytham (AKA Alhazen) in the early 11th Century.  A Latin
translation was published in Italy in the 16th Century.  Now back to my
reading about peppers.

Bear