[Sca-cooks] Persian

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Fri May 2 20:48:25 PDT 2014

Gwen Cat asked:
<<< looking for resources for Period Persian. ?Most specifically, I have been told there are standard(ish) spice blends... like the ?Persian versions of poudre douce and poudre forte;
one primarily for sweet, one for savory. >>>

Here is what I have separated out in the Florilegium on Persian food:
fd-Persia-msg (20K) 8/17/10 Food of medieval Persia. References.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Persia-msg.html

Here is what I have on spice mixes:
spice-mixes-msg (104K) 3/ 1/09 Period spice mixtures. Poudre Forte, Douce.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/spice-mixes-msg.html

I do have this article on Italian and French spice mixes, but I don't have anything specific, alas, on Persian spice mixes:
F-It-spce-mixs-art (8K) 12/25/03 "French & Italian Herb and Spice Mixtures" by THLady Johnnae llyn Lewis.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/F-It-spce-mixs-art.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com