[Sca-cooks] SCA Pinterest Board

Beth Harper lyndyn29 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:24:05 PDT 2014

I think it's actually pretty neat in principle that somebody has put that
together, but of course the individual human being(s) responsible for
adding content (it looks like that's Sir Erick Griffin, out of Meridies -
media at sca.org - and possibly some unidentified deputies?) is probably a
generalist who knows a little about a wide variety of things and has an eye
for trending and interesting, so there will be some errors and off notes
among the good stuff (and there is good stuff).

I humbly submit that the best approach is positive feedback. Comment,
repin! Suggest more good stuff! Those of us who are Pinterest users - when
you mouse over one of your own pins, one of the options that pops up is
"send". Send good material to the @scasocial account to make their job
easier and discourage them from looking for trashy filler. Maybe over time
it can grow into something that's curated by topical experts and be a
really valuable resource.

As to the egregiously awful items, maybe drop a note to Sir Erick and
suggest that a particular pin or group of pins from a common source is
factually poor and so doesn't reflect well on the organization.

YIS,
Liepa Jonaite
Outlands