[Sca-cooks] Metal Poisoning from the fork

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sun May 11 10:53:45 PDT 2014

So far, I have seen utterly no evidence that they have.

When I say I have seen no evidence, that is after reading a fair number of
church canons and various monastic rules and various other prime sources in
both  French and Latin. The Church certainly didn't object to spoons being
used to  convey organic food to the mouth; St. Radegund is approvingly
described as  helping the poor with these.

So far the only hint of this rule comes from an after-the-fact
interpolation into Peter Damian's eleventh century work.

So before we try to answer "how and why" something happened, shouldn't we
first establish that it did?

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

Beyond Apicius (2):  recipes from other Roman sources
_http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/05/beyond-apicius-2-recipes-from-other.ht
ml_
(http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-wine-water-and-beer-what-else.html)

In a message dated 5/11/2014 10:37:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,