[Sca-cooks] Period foods for non-SCA pot lucks

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 01:18:52 PST 2014

In my efforts to educate the unknowing, I sometimes choose to take a period dish to a gathering of non-SCA folks. For instance, this coming Saturday my wife and I are attending a Thanksgiving dinner put on by my Toastmasters group.

She’s taking cheese grits, but I’m planning on taking Savory Tosted Cheese by Digby or at least Cariadoc’s redaction. It’s also quite easy to do. :-).  I do usually print up a page with the original recipe and/or the redaction to place near the dish and where they can find info on other tasty period dishes.

So what other period dishes would be good things to take to a non-SCA pot luck? Or which ones have you had particular success with?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com