[Sca-cooks] Period foods for non-SCA pot lucks

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:35:27 PST 2014

Armored turnips, loseyns, makke, the eggplant pancakes from al-Andalusi,
isfanakh mutajjan, beef y-stewed, gingerbread and Digby's cheesy spoo.
What we make depends on what Rob [or I in the past when I was still
working] signed up for and if I felt going vegetarian or vegan for
whatever reason.

I will say that the armored turnips went well if the little note card
'accidentally' got covered up so people thought they were just plain
scalloped potatoes =) Makke almost always went over well, especially in
offices with a large hispanic population - they consider them more or
less refried beans and a familiar item. And ginger bread in various
forms is always popular - anything sweet is. I have also done little
molded shortbread bites, which were very popular as well.

On 11/20/2014 4:18 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> So what other period dishes would be good things to take to a non-SCA pot luck? Or which ones have you had particular success with?

---