[Sca-cooks] Period foods for non-SCA pot lucks

Drew Shiel gothwalk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 06:54:17 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So what other period dishes would be good things to take to a non-SCA pot
> luck? Or which ones have you had particular success with?

  There is a particular leek dish, which I've had from Pleyn Delite, called
Blaunchyd Porray. The first time I made it, I had a rough time getting it
to the table, because the kitchen staff kept "making sure it was still
good", and I've fed it to people who are not remotely interested in
historical food with considerable success. It's essentially leeks in almond
milk, or alternately, leeks in cream with ground almond.

 Le meas,
 Aodh

--
http://about.me/drewshiel
"Luck affects everything. Let your hook always be cast; in the stream where