[Sca-cooks] Manti

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 22 22:49:08 PST 2014

Im on my cell and can't quote from the digest...

Arquvan mentioned manti as traditionally served in chicken broth. In the 1st quarter of the 15th century they were steamed and served with yogurt mixed with crushed garlic and sumac.

On my website I have the original recipe, written down by Mahmud bin Mehmet Shirvani prior to 1430 and a working version I did in 2007
http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/2007_Feasts/Fall%20Investiture%20Feast/First_Course.html
I might do it differently today, but I'm not adept at homemade bread, pastry, or pasta.

Modernly manti are supposed to be very very tiny. The size wasn't mentioned in Shirvani.

Urtatim