[Sca-cooks] Manti

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 03:15:44 PST 2014

Hm, bulked out with chickpeas added to the meat. Seasoning a bit
different, but I am also working off of an Armenian recipe sharked from
my sister-in-laws ex inlaws.

I am going to have to play with this one =)

And I would imagine the manti were still small - hazelnut sized
meatballs are the perfect size for easy bitesize. I even have a
miniscoop that size.
http://www.amazon.com/Cookie-Drop-Mini-Cream-Scoop/dp/B002U73A8K
On 11/23/2014 1:49 AM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> Im on my cell and can't quote from the digest...
>
> Arquvan mentioned manti as traditionally served in chicken broth. In the 1st quarter of the 15th century they were steamed and served with yogurt mixed with crushed garlic and sumac.
>
> On my website I have the original recipe, written down by Mahmud bin Mehmet Shirvani prior to 1430 and a working version I did in 2007
> http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/2007_Feasts/Fall%20Investiture%20Feast/First_Course.html
> I might do it differently today, but I'm not adept at homemade bread, pastry, or pasta.
>
> Modernly manti are supposed to be very very tiny. The size wasn't mentioned in Shirvani.

---