[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Nov 23 17:47:56 PST 2014

On 11/23/2014 3:25 PM, Susan Lord Williams wrote:
> I don’t trust store bought almond milk.
>
> The Andalusian way is simple. Its ground peeled raw almonds. Add chicken or meat broth and strained through a cheesecloth. If I don’t have broth, I mix water and a bouillon cube. With a food processor to grind the almonds its speedy.
> Every week, I have recipes calling for it so I would be terribly limited if I didn’t use recipes calling for almond milk.

I think it is fairly safe to say that almond milk in period is generally
*not* made with broth, as it is most often seen in Lenten/fast day
recipes, and those days preclude meat products. Which includes broth.

Liutgard
--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: