[Sca-cooks] Holiday

Carol Smith eskesmith at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 19:47:58 PST 2014

Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, salad, olives, egg bread, apple pie, pumpkin tart (new this year, in lieu of pumpkin pie), and vanilla ice cream.  Still too much food for three people, but pretty standard.

The pumpkin tart wasn't as good as pie, so will be scratched, but the crust gave me some ideas for canisones (marzipan-rolled wafers).  Everything else was pretty mundane.  The Brussels sprouts was somewhat derived from Viander's "small caboges", from an early translation found in Cariadoc's "Miscellaney".  I forget how long ago I originally redacted it, but everyone who's had it enjoyed it.

Regards,
Brekke