[Sca-cooks] crunchy sweet wafers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 23:28:51 PST 2014

B. (Brekke?) said:
<<< And does anyone have a recipe for a thin crunchy sweet wafer without dairy products which may be rolled or cooked in a wafer iron? >>>

Only some of the recipes in this Florilegium file use milk. A few of the others say butter or margarine. My main problem to getting thin, crunchy wafers seems to be the amount of sugar they have.

I’ve always used a pizzele iron. I’m not sure how they would work rolled. I tend to make them thinner as a batter, so they can be poured onto the iron. I assume you are saying rolled and then baked on a flatiron? Or do you mean rolled and then put into a wafer or puzzle/// stupid spelling auto-corrector /// pizzelle iron?
wafers-msg 9/ 4/11 Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html

If you wish, I can look up which recipes I’ve had the best luck with.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris