[Sca-cooks] More Cookery Books Online

Elise Fleming alyskatharine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 04:46:50 PDT 2014

Greetings! While these books are past the SCA period, some may give
insight into recipes used in the 16th century. I can't remember if I -
or someone else - reported this blog site and list of books, so here it
is (again?).

http://savoringthepast.net/2014/08/28/18th-and-early-19th-century-cookbooks-digital-searchable-and-free/

One book that is of potential interest is "England's Newest Way",
published in 1708. It documents that the term "remove" is a new one,
referring to one dish in a particular course which is "removed" and
replaced with another to be served, while the remaining dishes stay on
the table. (Of course it's 'course'! Remove 'remove'!)

Have fun downloading and increasing your libraries!

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alyskatharine at gmail.com