[Sca-cooks] Parsnips

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 17:33:55 PDT 2014

Here's a mini-debate about whether de Serres had anteriority or not:

_http://books.google.com/books?id=IlE6AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA110-IA9&dq=%22history+of
+sugar%22+serres&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wt8xVNmeNcmxogSuoIKYDg&ved=0CCIQuwUwAA#v=onep
age&q=%22history%20of%20sugar%22%20serres&f=false_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=IlE6AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA110-IA9&dq="history+of+sugar"+serres&hl=en&sa=X&e
i=wt8xVNmeNcmxogSuoIKYDg&ved=0CCIQuwUwAA#v=onepage&q="history%20of%20sugar"%
20serres&f=false)

Here's his note on the beet, which he says had recently come from Italy. He
 seems more interested in the nice look of the sugar like syrup than its
actual  taste:

_http://books.google.com/books?id=OilAAAAAcAAJ&dq=inauthor%3Aserres&pg=PA483
#v=onepage&q&f=false_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=OilAAAAAcAAJ&dq=inauthor:serres&pg=PA483#v=onepage&q&f=false)

I don't see anything about sugar under carrots.

Jim  Chevallier

Beside Bolivar: The Edecán Demarquet
https://www.createspace.com/4871441

"Demarquet  does not know how to lie or slander; I believe him loyal and
sincere."
Simon  Bolivar

In a message dated 10/5/2014 4:14:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,