[Sca-cooks] origins of genoise/sponge cake

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Oct 15 09:02:23 PDT 2014

Food Timeline indicates 19th century.
http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodcakes.html#genoise

Michael Krondl goes into the subject in a footnote in his Sweet Invention: A History of Dessert volume. See page 152. He says name is 19th century.

I have a post surgical appt today to see about the ankle. They took the hardware out last Thursday. If I am able, I'll try some of my academic sources later.

Johnnae
Sent from my iPad