[Sca-cooks] illusion foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:57:05 PDT 2014

Back in July, Johnnae posted:
<<< Article on Heston Blumenthal and the serving of "meat fruit"

http://eater.com/archives/2014/07/11/meat-fruit-dinner-by-heston-blumenthal-london.php

BTW, the award winning book Historic Heston is slated for an inexpensive edition to be priced at $50. >>>

Wow. That meat fruit sure looks like a tangerine. I’m really amazed. A LOT of work though.

In the article it says
<<< "The 15 hours of work daily though pay off in service — which is "dead easy" Palmer-Watts says — and with the customers. Meat Fruit is more than just a hit dish. "People are getting their picture taken with the dish, not only taking pictures of the dish,” >>>

I’ve heard of an occasional, very good illusion food having been made in the SCA. Has anyone ever had folks taking “selfies” of themselves with the food you’ve created?

I’d love to hear some stories about successful illusion foods that you’ve done. And if period in style, I’d love to get photos that I could put in a Florilegium file to encourage others.

Thanks,
  Stefan

One of the files in the Florilegium on illusion foods. I probably ought to move it from the FOOD section to the SWEET AND DECORATED FOODS section, but later, when I find the time.
illusion-fds-msg (147K) 12/13/13 Medieval illusion foods. Disguised food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/illusion-fds-msg.html
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris