[Sca-cooks] Side Dishes for al-Warraq

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Sep 1 06:11:17 PDT 2014

You don't need a tannur to make flat breads.  Most of the recipes can be
baked on a hot rock in the embers, so use a griddle.  There are supposed to
be six bread recipes in al-Warraq (I haven't checked that so it's
questionable until confirmed).

If you are interested in the subject, you might take a look at
https://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/199505/on.the.flatbread.trail.htm .
I do recommend the Flatbreads and Flavors mentioned in the article as a good
modern text on flatbreads.

Now, why do you consider plain rice as "somewhat out of period."

Bear