[Sca-cooks] Meyer lemons

MarietteA mariettea at jfolse.com
Tue Sep 2 12:42:14 PDT 2014

Meyer lemons are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange. They
originated in China as house plants. In the early 1900's, Frank Meyer,
an agricultural explorer, discovered them there and introduced it to the
U.S.  They don't have the tang of a regular lemon, but make a very
delicious lemon icebox pie.