[Sca-cooks] Green almond, fresh chickpeas

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Fri Apr 10 10:29:36 PDT 2015

Yesterday, while wandering through the Middle East neighborhood of one
my local towns, I saw a couple of things in the grocery stores that got
me pretty excited: green almonds and fresh chickpeas. I really wanted to
just buy and play with them, but I am not aware of any historic recipe
that uses either of these ingredients. Any suggestions?

I know that I could probably use the chickpeas in any of the many dishes
that call for them, but all the recipes that I have looked at or can
recall use dried chickpeas. I'm looking for recipes that specifically
call for the fresh ones.

-- Galefridus