[Sca-cooks] British Museum and a Roman Bread recipe

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 21:01:26 PDT 2015

Perhaps the most striking thing about the actual Roman grain which has been
 found (including at Herculaneum) is how infested it was - lots of beasties
in  almost every find.

Le  pain des Romains à l'apogée de l'Empire. Bilan entomo- et
botano-archéologique

http://persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/crai_0065-0536_2005_num_1
49_1_22827

Want to make REAL Roman bread? Go get some parasites to put in the  dough.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Late medieval bread outside  Paris
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2015/07/french-bread-history-late-medieval.html

In a message dated 8/13/2015 7:53:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,