[Sca-cooks] British Museum and a Roman Bread recipe

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Aug 14 02:13:43 PDT 2015

What I found interesting was the article/recipe's appearance at this time. The Pompeii exhibit ended in 2013. So why write it up in 2015? The dog days of August?

If you search under "pompeii carbonized bread" you can find all sorts of interesting items like the Australians repeating the British Museum recipe

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/2000-year-old-pompeii-bread-recipe/92298

and a suggestion here

https://carnivalofancientwonders.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/baking-roman-bread/

and here