[Sca-cooks] BELLOTA WITH 13TH C GLUTEN FREE ACORN BREAD RECIPE

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:33:05 PDT 2015

Many thanks for all your advise.

I finally just made the bread using the acorn - butter.

It seems that some think I overdid the grinding while others do not. I took the latter road and washed the acorn-butter every other day and squeezed it to get rid of the bitter tannins for a week and a half. Then I mixed it with semolina flour and all and it came out ok.

In my opinion, it was more work than it was worth but the family liked it.

Wouldn’t it be easier if I could distinguish between bitter and sweet acorns? Does anyone know how to do this without tasting them. - If pigs can do this why can’t we?