[Sca-cooks] Duck Fat in Period

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Wed Dec 2 13:14:09 PST 2015

Not a whole lot out there, but here's a link to the Wikipedia article on
schmaltz, which mentions chicken and goose fat but not duck fat:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmaltz

I consider the article to be of limited usefulness, since it supplies
very few references.

I use duck fat as a substitute for lard (which I cannot eat for
religious reasons), as I have been told that it's fairly similar in
flavor, smoke point, etc.

-- Galefridus