[Sca-cooks] Alimentation et cuisine en al-Andalus

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:04:36 PDT 2015

M. Chevallier,

Thanks for the link to the article. I had a quick browse and found some
interesting bits (I had not heard of the "hisba" before) and then did what
I am sure a lot of people on this list did: I went through the
bibliography. I found an article listed there that will be of interest to
the bakers of the group:

Ead., 1980, « Pain quotidien et pains de disette dans l'Espagne musulmane
», Annales. Économie, Sociétés, Civilisations, mai-août 1980, p. 462-476.
(Daily bread and bread scarcity in Muslim Spain)
http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/ahess_0395-2649_1980_num_35_3_282647

It looks to have a couple of usable recipes as well as an in-depth
discussion of ingredients and methods. The image to text conversion is
pretty good except in the sections that are rotated 90°. Alas, it does not
help to rotate the page for that, but it does make it easier to read
on-screen.

Thanks again,

Guillaume