[Sca-cooks] Does anyone know of an English language source for Pişmaniye (Turkish cotton candy)?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jul 10 14:04:17 PDT 2015

Ok, the source you need to see is Mary Isin's Sherbet and Spice. The Complete Story of Turkish Sweets and Desserts.
Chapter 17 is on "Keten Helva (Pişmaniye)," pages 137-142.
Isin is quite clear that while it has the texture of fine strands, the resemblance to candy floss ends there. She does include
the long fifteenth century recipe translated into English. See page 139.

The book should be available through interlibrary loan through your local public library or it can be purchased through Amazon.

Johnnae

Sent from my iPad