[Sca-cooks] Ale with soup consistency

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Jul 18 17:25:09 PDT 2015

Medieval Market Morality: Life, Law and Ethics in the English Marketplace

includes a passage from Piers Plowman which reads:

"Thikke ale and þ[th]ynne ale; þ[th]at is my kynde thick; thin And noзt hakke after holynesse; hold þi tonge, Conscience!"

You can find the passage here:
http://piers.iath.virginia.edu/exist/piers/docs/B/W/19/scribal/0

Johnnae